Please see this video here at approximately 1.56 in. It is a fascinating interaction. It shows how the Duchess of Sussex obviously had a heart-cry that people would really take a interest in her welfare. This had particularly been the case subsequent to the birth of Archie, her son.
So I want to ask you; will people leave your church tomorrow with a heart-cry that no-one had shown an interest in them? I want to challenge you (and me) to be the ones who make sure that does not happen. So to the person:
- Whose spouse has turned from the Lord, ask them how the situation is now.
- Who has been out-of-work, ask about the job applications and their prospects.
- With a difficult marriage, ask about the present situation.
- who is struggling with depression, ask how they finding help to get through the situation.
- With health difficulties, enquire about their health.
- Recently diagnosed with serious illness, express your concern for them and ask whether they need any help.
- With young children, ask how they are coping with all the demands of full -on parenting.
- Who is a full-time, carer ask how they are coping with the relentless demands of that situation.
- In work, ask how they are coping with the demands laid on them.
- At school, ask them about their studies and the pressures they are experiencing
- Who is a parent ask how their children are getting on spiritually.
Overall right now get your heart in tune with God’s and go and care for your brothers and sisters tomorrow in church. If such is the case you will be engaging in a big, big ministry. And that ministry will be even bigger if you pray with and for those people.
And if you are the person with that heart-cry yearning for others to take interest in you Can I say four things:
- It may be best you find someone who you know well, who you are sure will show interest in you and listen.
- You go up to others ask them about their difficulties and situations. An outward loving interest in others can be the means the Lord uses to help you through your perplexities.
- If no-one shows interest in you; remember that you have a Father in heaven who will always care for you and take an interest in you.
- Don’t berate the state of your church if no-one takes an interest in you. We do not always get everything right for each other. Sometimes we fail each other. Your best response to such failure is to be a loving example yourself.