It does seems to be a big issue on motorways. And in many ways it is a frustrating issue. The issue is that people refuse to go into the inside lane on motorways. Here is an article on the subject. Some thoughts would be:
- Is there no proper instruction / training on this matter when people learn to drive?
- Makes me wonder whether motorway driving should actually be in the practical driving test.
- How do you respond when it happens that someone is hogging the middle lane and the inside lane is free. Previously I used to attempt to go round them into the outside lane. However, I have to confess I have taken more and more to undertaking in a careful manner.
- Surely there should be more instruction going on. There is such a lot of it happening.
- And surely there should be action taken against lane hoggers. The article talks about fines and points on license. I am not sure how much it happens.
And if you read this and you are prone to middle lane hogging perhaps you could explain why you do it?