Life is full of decisions.
So I want to think about some issues in making decisions. These things particularly apply in making the biggest decisions of life but are appropriate for all decisions.
- Don’t make a decision too hastily. Make sure you:-
Get Thinking Properly: Consider the matter. Don’t just make a knee-jerk decision. Always fight to get time so you can think.
Get Praying: Bring the whole matter before the Lord.
Get the Information: Make sure that you have all the necessary information in order to make a reasoned decision.
Get Consulting: Speak to all the people you need to. If it is a joint decision make sure all those making the decision have the information. In providing information to others, be careful that you provide enough so that they are fully informed not too much otherwise they will be overwhelmed.
2. Don’t act too slowly. If you do:
- You may miss an opportunity.
- You may cause much frustration to a lot of interested parties who just want a decision.
- You may end up wasting a whole lot of time on something that should have been “done and dusted” long ago.
3. When you have made a decision:
- Inform all relevant parties of the decision and give reasons if necessary.
- Act on the decision. A decision not acted on is equivalent to making no decision at all.
- Pray that all will move forward for God’s glory.
- And if things don’t work out well, make sure you learn so that you are better equipped for the next time you have to make a decision.