As your weekend dawns sorry to dampen your spirits with some stomach churning bad and sad news.
So I write here to mention four things I noticed on the BBC website over the past couple of days:
- Here is a man being allowed to participate in a women’s team in Australia. (Here are my previous musings on this phenomenon)
- Here is Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black announcing the birth of their (?!) baby
- Here is an article about a man breastfeeding his (presumably) baby.
- Here is a lesbian couple proposing to each other.
So what can be said:
- Yes my stomach did churn in aversion to some these happenings. I trust that is not just because of my cultural susceptibilities, but because these things are heinous to my God.
- It interesting how acceptable all this has become so quickly.
- The BBC blithely records it as if we are all supposed to be onside with it all.
- Yet it is all rejecting the Master’s plan for His creation.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman for life.
- Children are given to a married couple in marriage.
- We are born male and female.
- Behind it all are lives seeking for meaning. Yes looking in the wrong places, but still looking. We should be compassionate and point to a greater hope in Christ.
- As churches we need to stand firm and declare that these developments are wrong before God and harmful for humanity.
- Amidst the darkness the light should shine brighter. How are we shining as Christians and churches.
- When our Lord comes into situation He always changes for the better.
- My cry goes up “Even so come Lord Jesus”