It’s a sad, sad world and it does not seem to be getting any better! I was struck recently when Paul Fountain reported to us, at Feltham Evangelical Church, about Sri Lanka of the sinful pursuits of many connected with the Sri Lankan situation. Here are some of the things he referred to
- Workers left impoverished by plantation owners. When the harvest was poor; the workers were left to struggle.
- Lady workers offered “a better life” and much money to be maids and home helps in the Middle East, but in the end they are simply exploited.
- Men expecting those ladies employed in their household to supply sexual favors.
- Blatant lies from a man to facilitate vengeful activity against those who had previously helped him.
- Children in a Hindu care home left to fend for themselves at a young age.
Truly this is a world in sin and a world full of sinners. And it does not get better. Oh Lord you alone are our hope.
Moreover, we thank the Lord that the Lanka Fellowship of Evangelical Churches and Care Sri Lanka are doing so much to alleviate suffering and bring spiritual and eternal blessing.