I have written about our experience back in 2015 here. Happily we have since been and are still free from any mice problems in the house. But I have been thinking what I would do if we ever had the problem again.
- Commit the issue to the Lord.
- Stop anyone from eating in the house except in the kitchen and dining area.
- Scrupulously clean up each evening so no food debris is left around.
- Make sure there is no storage of food upstairs.
- Put all stored food in strong plastic or metal boxes. This particularly applies with rice or biscuits.
- Do not leave any food such as bread or cereals accessible on tables or work surfaces. Place them in plastic boxes / containers.
- Place canary seed poison like this at points where there is evidence of mouse activity.
- Seek to cover over any holes which may be allowing mice to access the property.
- Wait and pray.