Yesterday we celebrated three months since we last had indication that mice were present in our home. I wrote about the matter here previously. Here are some thoughts:-
- Electromagnetic repellers which sends a current through the wiring did not seem to do much.
- Ultra sound socket machines were useless.
- Mouse traps with the most succulent of bait were ignored. (I did feel we had the cleverest mice in Feltham by the way).
- The glue paper stuff again was ignored.
- Our first pest control man put down pink sachet’s which did no good.
- Our second man put down canary seed stuff and this did the job.
- Also important was getting serious about food storage and food debris.
- We moved all food downstairs. We stored stuff which was vulnerable in plastic containers. This included using big plastic boxes.
- We stopped eating any food in the upper part of the house. We only ate at ground floor level.
- We blocked up holes to the outside of the house as much as we could. This included using air-brick covers.
- We also blocked up holes around radiator pipes.
- Mice were only actually seen twice, although there was much evidence of them being around.
- They apparently chewed at the corner of our lino flooring because that wears down their teeth.
- When we first knew they were in the house on August 17th we were then away for a few days and, I reckon, that allowed them to get ensconced.
I must say I found it very hard. It was a great test as regards to trusting the Lord. This sermon here tuned in, in a mighty way to what God was doing in and through me through all this. I felt at times He was relentlessly after me so as to teach me to trust him.
I certainly confess to much failure, in becoming too caught up with dealing with the mice. I trust, though, I learned much in spite of the failures.
It also made me think about the perils of a far greater degree that so may people have to live with.
But finally we give thanks to the Lord for delivering us from this episode.