As Christians we are called to godliness. We are to be God-like in all our ways. To be a Christian and not desire to be godly is a contradiction. In fact if a person has no desire for godliness then we can reasonably conclude that they are not Christian at all.
But what is godliness? It is “God-likeness”. It is living a life devoted to God and which displays God through the living of life. So when people see me, what do they think of God? As you think about answering that question ponder upon these issues:
- As a Christian, I am called to have a changed life.
- Godlikeness is to be the over-riding characteristic of that changed life.
- Godlikeness is measured by consideration of what our God is like as He is revealed in Scripture.
So let us feel the challenge of these questions:
- How much likeness to God is there in my life?
- How much is my life reflecting the image of Christ?
- When people see Philip Venables what impression is made upon them of the God I confess?